Thursday, August 22, 2013

three projects

Since it's been raining about everyday for...I don't know, three years or some such, there have been some projects going on at our house.  Raining doesn't exactly make for great grass-cutting conditions, but it does free up time for home improvement projects.  Let's just do a glass-half-full approach, shall we?

Now while I would really like to do things like get new flooring in the kitchen and dining room or renovate our master bathroom, instead we're doing some more manageable projects.  Sometimes being responsible is not near as much fun as it should be!


The kids' bathroom (also known as the hall bath) needed some help.  



I had Chris repaint the cabinet, put up some beadboard, put in some shoe moulding, and hang a towel bar.
I painted.  
Let's not dwell on the difference in the work loads, mmm 'kay?

Anyway, it really punched it up in there.




There is this really long, drawn out story (that I'll condense here) about how we bought a washing machine less than two years ago.  It broke.  Our home warranty people were supposed to fix it.  That was in April.  It's still not fixed.  So we bought a new one.  If at some point before the end of time it does actually get fixed, then I suppose we'll sell it. 
The moral of the story is: don't buy a fancy washing machine because then no one will know how to repair it.
At any rate, now there are matching appliances in our laundry room. I figured if we were moving things around in there, I may as well do something exciting...like hang wallpaper.  This was my first go at it and it was not my favorite thing.  I'm glad I only planned to do one wall.  I do like the outcome though!







I really wanted a place to display some Instagram pictures and saw something like what I wanted on Pinterest, I think.  I really wish I had the sticky note that I drew on to show Chris what I wanted, because he left and a couple hours later came back with just what I had drawn.  Again I say, having a handy husband is quite lovely.  Yesterday I sanded down the rough bits and we adhered the mini clothespins.  I love the idea of actually displaying my Instagram shots.  Being able to change them out quickly, easily,  and as often as I like is spectacular. 



                                 

                   


No comments:

Post a Comment