Sunday, October 9, 2011

barbie shoes

I distinctly remember an episode from my childhood that had to do with some Barbie shoes.  
My memories are from a child's perspective, so I'm sure my mother's telling of this story would be a tad different. :)  I remember that one day she told my sister and me (in a very loud tone) that if she stepped on one more Barbie shoe, that was it!  All of them would be gone...
It didn't seem like much time had passed until there was nary a Barbie or accessory to be found anywhere in the Harrison household.


For her birthday, this little turkey received multiple little babies with little tiny shoes.  I almost hate to admit it, but I am the very one who created this problem!  
Both of the kids have been watching Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue, and so I thought that little fairies would really go over well with Audrey (and Christian too for that matter).
They love them!
The problem is that these little tiny babies have little tiny shoes...














Thanks to the insight of my mother-in-law, we have just super glued those tiny shoes onto those tiny feet!
Problem solved!  
I couldn't help but think of my mom and the Barbie shoe incident.  
Hopefully I have saved these from that same fate.


As my dad would say, "ain't life funny?"

1 comment: