Saturday, November 12, 2011

just a day

Nothing spectacular...just a few tidbits to share.

I'm in the process of fixing dinner (on the menu tonight is a taco ring).  As it happens, I am in the house by myself...this does not happen everyday, so I'm enjoying it!
Christmas is in the air at my house, so the tree is aglow and the candles are making the house smell super festive.  
While normally that would mean Christmas music, I am currently addicted to listening to Adele and/or Allen Stone.  If you don't have these albums by these people, go get them now.  Thank you to my peeps who shared them with me!

For whatever reason, my children have been driving me in.sane. for the last two days.  Since my husband is concerned with my mental health, he has given me alone time yesterday and today.  Glorious.  Yesterday I went shopping (which should have been therapeutic, but since there were enough people at Tanger that I thought maybe it was Midnight Madness at 3:00 in the afternoon it was slightly maddening).  Today he suggested that I go get a pedicure. Yes, I believe I will.  Thank you.  I took my book (The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks) and enjoyed a solid hour of time for me.  Again I say, THANK YOU to my husband who encouraged this.  :) 

Feeling refreshed and almost cheery.  I love that.  
I'm very thankful for my children, but also for a husband who knows when I need a break from them.

On the agenda for tomorrow:  Avalon Church/ South Campus and then on to Sears to get a new washing machine. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment