Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving





















This has been a lovely Thanksgiving!  Thursday morning my sister and I did the Turkey Day 5K.  We (along with our husbands) did it last year, and I loved it!  Unfortunately, I didn’t really keep up with my running since then...
About a month ago I bought a treadmill and have been trying to “train” for the race.  Now please know that mostly my running is not running at all, but more of ajog.  Last year my race time for the 5K (which if you don’t know, is 3.1 miles) was 36 minutes and change.  I was pretty pumped since it was my first time!  This year I told my husband that likely I would not do as well.  Over the last year I had some trouble with my knee when trying to “run” so I ended up getting a support brace thing.  I also went to Big Peach Running Company and got fitted for the right kind of running shoes.  Thank you to Andrea, because both of those were her recommendations and made a great difference!  
When I walk/run on the treadmill I do not have this kind of success, so I was super surprised when I saw my time for the race on Thanksgiving this year was 33 minutes 21 seconds!!  I gotta say, I was really proud!  Now, if I can just keep up with it maybe I can do another 5K before next Thanksgiving rolls around.
Thursday for lunch we went to my in-laws’ house.  I ate way too much, and had a really good time hanging out with them.
Last night we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house with just my sister and her brood and Dad.  Much delicious food and fellowship was had!  
Today has been such a gloriously lazy day!  Chris had some work to do this morning, but the kids and I were definitely in our pajamas until about 3:00 this afternoon.  While they napped this afternoon, I read over a hundred pages of the book I started this week:  Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.  It sucked me in pretty fast, and I love that!  There’s just nothing like a good book!
Tonight we had Thanksgiving leftovers.  Don't you just love how well all that stuff reheats?!  Ham, sweet corn pudding, broccoli casserole, dressing with gravy...the list goes on, and probably the kicker is the canned cranberry sauce.  For all the things I don’t eat, I imagine its probably surprising that I am willing to eat that.  It’s just one of those things I guess.  And my kids are under the impression that it’s Jello!  We don’t even eat Jello, but that’s what Christian called it.  Funny stuff.
After dinner we came out so we could roast marshmallows over the fire.  The kids loved it!  I’m not sure why, but they think its’ a real hoot to be able to play outside when it’s dark.  



This fire pit is not as awesome as the previous one...but we didn't build this one.  It works though!


Trying to get the sticky marshmallow goo off.





She just kept asking for more marshmallows!



I love it when they hold hands!



He kept throwing this beach ball in the air (pretty high, I might add) and then running away so he wouldn't get hit with it. :)







All in all, it has been a great holiday!

I have much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment