Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful, round 1

This weather makes me happy.  There's just no two ways about it.  I have had my doors open everyday for the last week so that crisp fall breeze can come on in and stay awhile.  Even the rain we've had yesterday and today didn't put a damper on it.  I'll always take a cool rain over a warm, sticky one.  At least this way you can bundle up before you head out in it.
The cooler weather, the changing colors of the leaves, the cardigans and boots and the pumpkin flavored everything signals the beginning of my favorite time of year.  I'm always ready for the change of the seasons and with it the perks that each season brings, but this is for sure my pick.
I am a very thankful person.  Maybe not super nice, maybe not overtly compassionate...but totally aware and thankful of what makes my life mine.

All the 30-days-of-thankful posts on Facebook inspired me to want to share some of the things I'm thankful for...but I'm not so good at staying on top of posting something everyday. This works better for me.  Here are just a few things I'm thankful for today.


*I am thankful that I get to be a Mama to what I think to be two of the most amazing little people on the planet.




Getting to be a stay-at-home mom while they are small is one of the greatest joys of my life!  Although I never thought I'd want to, I love being home with them. 


*I am thankful that I came from a big, tight-knit extended family.  I know how important that support system has been to me.  The members of that team have changed and shifted over the years, but the idea remains.  Ya need your peeps, ya know?


*I am thankful for the gifts and talents that God has given me; thankful that I was told early on the importance of using those gifts so they're not taken away.  


*I am thankful for my husband.  We are very different, but seemingly made to make life sweeter for the other.  He is a man of God, a kind soul, an amazing father, a true friend.  He has shown me what a gift marriage can be.  Believe me when I say I do not take this for granted.


2008




 2008

I love that guy.
 
2011






2012






*I am thankful to have a relationship with Jesus.  This is not a flip "thank you, Jesus" and go on with your day.  I have enough perspective to understand (if only to a minute degree in the grand scheme of things) that without Him there is nothing.  I firmly believe all that I have was given to me.  I deserve nothing good and yet am blessed beyond measure.


More thankfulness coming soon. 

Be thankful.  Tell someone.  It feels good to say it and to hear it.





No comments:

Post a Comment