Friday, November 30, 2012

ebb and flow

This week has been one that I'll politely say feels like part of a growing season. In all reality, it's been a bit rough.
My heart has hurt for a family dealing with a great loss.  In grieving for them I can't help but be overwhelmed.  There's little like death to make you take stock of what you have and what you're doing with your life.
We are in the process of trying to grow our business with a pretty big corporate account.  It's exciting and scary all at the same time!
Parenting has got to be the most difficult and simultaneously rewarding thing on the planet.  The last couple of weeks have been pretty trying at our house.  Knowing that God put our family together specifically is amazing, but the weight of wondering if you're doing it right is kinda huge.  

The ebb and flow of everyday life is like that of the tides.  You can know for sure that there will be ups and downs; ins and outs.  Sometimes it seems like things couldn't be any better, any smoother...when it's easy to remember that our steps are ordered.  Other times it feels as though that little black rain cloud is with you step for step.   
I get that without the more difficult seasons, you wouldn't know the good ones are so good.  In easy seasons or in those really difficult ones, I can still find my answers in the same place.  This week I have prayed a lot.  I have sought guidance the only place I really know to get it.  
Here's what I'm resting in tonight:


Philippians 4:5b-7


The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. Amen! Doing a study with ladies in our church family that is surrounded by these verses. They are verses to live by everyday! Thanks for sharing and reminding me of them again!

    ReplyDelete