Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful, round 2

I thought I had escaped the creeping crud that has been making its way around my house.  I'm afraid not.  It started Monday with a sore throat and (as sore throats often do in my body) progressed into me sounding like my dad by Thursday night.  Friday I had no voice at all and today I'm back to sounding like a dude.  Not very cool.  Hopefully it'll make its way on down the road sooner rather than later!
With no further ado, here are some more things I'm thankful for:

*I am thankful for coffee and creamer.  I'm not sure how people do without it!

*I am thankful for delicious holiday season food...not that you couldn't make all this stuff year round, but thank goodness we don't or I'd be the size of a house!  That being said, I'm looking forward to dressing, broccoli casserole, and cornflake candy just to name a few.

*I am thankful for my sister.  Word on the street is that I thought she was my baby as soon as they brought her home from the hospital.  That never really went away. :)  I started bossing her around as soon as I was able and honed my bickering skills with her, but I have also felt such a fierce need to protect her for as long as I can remember.  The older we get, the more we look alike...or so we're told anyway.  The friendship I have with her is one not to be taken lightly, but to be treasured.  I love you sis.








*I am thankful for new relationships.  Although I've had a few close friends outside my family, there have not been many.  This is my own fault.  I have a stank face that can be very off-putting (at least I know, right?).  On some level I guess I thought that since I had so many close friends inside the family that those others were not necessary.  Not worth really investing myself.  I was wrong.  I was missing out.  In the last six months or so I have made quite a few new friends.
Even though I'm an in-charge kind of gal, when Chris tells me he thinks we need to do something (after I make nasty faces and snotty comments) we just go on and do whatever it is.  The latest example is that he felt we needed to be hosting a small group in our home.  I said I didn't want to, but since he is in fact the leader of our home we started up a small group.  I am SO thankful that we did.  The friendships we've started and cultivated just during the last few months mean a lot to me.  This whole process has helped me grow in my faith...and hopefully is helping me not to be as socially awkward as I can be.

*I am thankful for modern technology!  Can I get an amen?!  The advancements that have been made in medicine alone are astounding, but more regularly acknowledged and appreciated by me would be things like DVR, laptops, and iPhones!  They make our lives pretty amazing!


Are you totally pumped about Thanksgiving next week?  I know I am. :)  We'll be celebrating with family and getting out the rest of the Christmas decorations!  Sing it with me now, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Even if you're not playing along with the 30 days of FB posts, tell me something you're thankful for today.  It'll make you happy (and me too). 





No comments:

Post a Comment