Thursday, February 28, 2013

Perfect

Just because I know God's way is perfect doesn't mean I always remember it in the day to day.  
I have had an attitude problem for the last couple of weeks.  Not being ugly to everyone...only those I hold closest, love most.  I hate that.  The worst part is that I wasn't really frustrated with them, but with things not going my way.  In essence, frustrated with God- you know, the one who can see everything.  The only one who knows what's really and truly best for me and mine.  
I even prayed for peace a couple times.  The problem is that I wasn't really seeking it out.  I just wanted it to be given to me. 

It just so happens I came across this: 

This God—his way is perfect;
 the word of the Lord proves true;
 he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

Psalms 18:30

The Bible isn't so much a looking glass through which I can see the future.  I can't see what our family will look like in another five years or where our business will be in terms of its success.  I can't see our wins and losses before they happen. 
Rather it is a mirror so that I can see a little clearer what I'm doing or not doing right now.  Like, oh hello, your fly's down and you have spinach in your teeth.  Or maybe how I'm trying my dead level best to get my way when scripture so plainly says, "his way is perfect."  How I'm asking for peace instead of actively taking refuge in Him.   

Today I'm thankful for grace and love.
I'm thankful that God's word is true.  
I'm thankful for all He's given me.





No comments:

Post a Comment