Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This and That

It has just really been down and dirty at our house for a solid week.  Chris and I both had the flu...thankfully not at our worst at the same time.  The kids have been snotty so I took them to the doctor Monday.  He's got bronchitis.  She's got an ear infection.  Breathing treatments and antibiotics for both.  Sheesh. 
Seriously, it sounds like a nursing home here.

Sometime in the last ten days Audrey has begun to actually pronounce Christian properly...instead of the "Chrisshen" that it's been since she started talking.
And, little miss sassy pants has also begun to ask for showers instead of baths. 
She just gets more grown up all the time. 
Get me a tissue!

I finally started watching Downton Abbey.  I'm now addicted and cannot seem to stop watching it, reading about it, and watching interviews.  It's SO good.  I'm really glad that I finally gave it a go!  

I made brownies with my boy yesterday...and by that I mean that we opened the box and followed the directions. :)  I love it that they appreciate even the small things, as long as we are together.  Christian said several times how happy he was that we made brownies together.  Then again this morning he reminded me with a smile.   






I've attempted to keep these little busybodies busy since they're out of school this week.  They tend to stay out of trouble a lot better when they have different activities to do.  Not even necessarily extravagant things.  Just things we have here: puzzles, movies, games, coloring.  The key seems to be changing the activity before too much time has passed, and moving them from one place in the house to another.  Whatever works, right?!


Looking forward to warmer temperatures.  Or maybe a good dusting of snow.  You never know around these parts.

Happy Wednesday.




Butterflies



Math Practice


No comments:

Post a Comment