Friday, July 27, 2012

Let's Catch Up

Normally for me, lots of projects going at one time equals productivity: laundry going, preserves on the stove, vacuuming, meal planning, and drafting my next blog all while watching and thinking up the next activity for the kids.  Today it just made me feel like I was getting nothing done.  I finally had to stop what I was doing and go to one room to complete the tasks in there.  I didn't get it all done today, but the rest will have to wait tomorrow.  Sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand and walk away from the rest!


Since vacation we've been getting back into our routine and making the most of the summer since school is just around the corner!





Christian is all registered for kindergarten.  We've bought some school supplies and have others yet to pick up.  Open house is next week and the closer it gets the more surreal it seems!  Audrey starts pre-k closer to the end of the month, and I can't quite believe that either.  It's sort of staggering and exciting all at the same time.

In other news, a snaggletooth is born!  We made such a big deal about this!  Just over a month ago we realized Christian had a loose tooth.  He just turned 5 in May, so I wasn't quite ready for this.  I'm not exactly sure about when he got all his teeth, but I know for sure he had them all by the time he came home at 20 months.  So anyway, he just keeps wiggling it everyday and asking us if we want to do it too. :)  Monday was the day!  Once Chris saw how loose it was, it was game on!








Christian was pretty weirded out by the blood, but the more we made losing his first tooth something to celebrate, the more relaxed he became.  We took pictures.  I got a couple of the little glasses from their play kitchen and cleaned them up so the kids could have a fun way to toast the occasion.  They loved it!!









Audrey was really confused about the whole situation...it only took her a few minutes to realize she wasn't getting the same attention.  She had to climb into Daddy's lap to make sure he was paying attention to her too!  Her mood was brightened as soon as her beautiful getup was sufficiently complimented.










The return of The Revenge is Saturday night.  
Watch this because it's awesome and then come see us.  
Avalon @ 7pm.  Be there!


Happy weekend to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment