Thursday, June 7, 2012

Popsicle Project Fail

Piña Colada Pops

You can find the recipe I got from Pinterest if you click here...you just have to scroll down, as it's the sixth one on the page. :)
I saw this and pinned it and then as I normally do, I waited forever to actually make it.  Who knew it was such an ordeal to find those little popsicle-holder/maker things?!  And really even after I found those it took me awhile to get back to it.  
It calls for a can of pineapple, a banana, a can of coconut milk, and a little vanilla.  I don't really dig on this flavor combo but I thought the kids might.  
So, I let them help put them together.




Two of the loudest kids around, and they still feel the need to cover their ears when something or someone else is being loud.  

So anyway, we blended all this together and I filled up the little holders.  There was a ton left that got poured into an ice tray with toothpicks as handles.


A few days later I decide they would make a great afternoon snack.  The kids were super excited.



I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that this was no small feat.  I sustained multiple battle wounds.  Okay, let's face it- using a butter knife to break the handles free from the container was probably not my shiniest moment, but those suckers would NOT come out!  
The container is now broken.  The stick part of the red handle broke off inside the popsicle.  Seriously?  This should not be this difficult.


Eventually I did get two of them out.  It seemed like a fun idea, but next time we'll just stick with the ice tray idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment