Thursday, March 1, 2012

some Thursday tidbits

After all the belly-aching I did a couple of weeks ago about potty training, my girl already has it under control!  I can't possibly tell you how relieved I was once I realized that she got it!  I guess you just never know. :)

Recently I had been harassing my mom because she doesn't have a smart phone.  I realize that there are plenty of people who don't have them and live their lives just fine.  The problem is that she has a terrible habit of not answering her phone or returning text messages until hours or even days have passed.  My husband and my sister both had this same disease until they got smart phones, and then poof, they kept up with their phones!  Mom also has a home phone line, but does not have working phones hooked up to it.  This makes it pretty difficult to get in touch with her!  In this day and age there is no reason for that.  She tells me today that her iPhone is on the way, and I couldn't believe it!  I am fervently hoping that her iPhone is the miracle that helps her be reachable too. :)


Last week I made something that was supposed to be a cinnamon pear jam.  It turned out to be a cinnamon pear "spoon fruit."  Canning is such an interesting thing to me.  Sometimes in preserving the recipe sets up like a full-on jam and then others won't set even in the fridge.  On occasion I have dumped everything back in the pot and cooked it again to get that consistency that I want.  Other times it's just a spoon fruit!  When that's the case it can for sure be used on biscuits or over waffles or something like that.  This time around I went a different route.  I had some vanilla yogurt so I mixed a couple of tablespoons of yogurt with a couple of teaspoons of the cinnamon pear goodness.  I crumbed a graham cracker in it and called it a snack.  The kids loved it (and so did I)!  When Christian was about halfway through his, he says to me, "Mama, this looks like dessert yogurt."  Score.  Great use for my not so jellied fruit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment